Cross Country takes place on Saturday afternoons during the winter months, often over fast and varied terrain around Johannesburg.Cross Country takes place on Saturday afternoons during the winter months, often over fast and varied terrain around Johannesburg.
Anyone can run Cross Country, it is not only for the elite. Ages from sub-junior up to grandmasters are catered for. Age groups run separately, and the distances run vary depending on the age group. Sub-juniors, from under 8, run 2km, and the distances progress with age and sex.
You need to run in your Randburg Harriers gear with your current license number. If you forget your license you will have to buy a temp number (which will be for your own account).
Randburg Harriers Cross Country 2020 provides:
- Transport arrangements to each league
- Club gazebo and refreshments at each league
- Entry is paid for by Randburg Harriers (normally R15 per league)
- Special mementos to members participating in 4 or more leagues and CGA Champs
CGA Cross Country League Fixtures 2020
CGA Cross Country League Programme 2020
To be selected to represent Central Gauteng Athletics (CGA) at the SA Cross Country Championships:
- Run in any 4 of the 8 Leagues, and CGA Cross Country Championships
- The first 6 athletes at the CGA Championships will be considered for selection provided they satisfy Rule listed above.
- Submit a copy of your Birth Certificate/ID Book before the 8th League (you can give it to me personally or email to me)
To be considered for Randburg Harriers Cross Country Awards the same criteria as being selected to represent CGA applies.
Venues, directions and any updates pertaining to the cross country season will be communicated via the Randburg Harriers Newsletter, Facebook and whatsapp/ email.
If you need any further details or would like to be added to the Cross Country 2020 communication list, please contact me on 082 961 1253 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Country Club Captain