Do you have a dream to run a 10km? Or a 21km?
How about your first Marathon or the Ultimate Human Race……the Comrades marathon?
If so, then you’ve come to the right place. Clinton Hunter was appointed as official coach to Randburg Harriers in 2015 and has acquired some top names amongst Randburg Harriers athletes, as well as some newbies.
Clinton Hunter Profile
Clinton Hunter, aka ”Coach Clint”, has had a passion and a talent for running and coaching since he was a teenager in Dawnview High School in Gauteng. Clint decided to coach the teams himself as there was no coach available for the school, and discovered that he loved helping other athletes to improve their performance and reach their potential. He excelled in 800m, 1500m, 3000m and Cross Country running and earned Eastern Transvaal colours for 800m and for Cross Country. He was captain of the Athletics and Cross Country teams and received full school colours for these. He ran club athletics for Germiston Callies and was coached the brilliant coach, Steve Hollier. From Steve he absorbed a wealth of information and experience. Over the years he has incorporated Steve Hollier’s as well as other great coaches methods a into his own coaching methodolgy.
After school, Clint studied Exercise Science at the Institute of Fitness Professionals in 1994. He continued to coach athletes, even though this was not his primary occupation, as he still enjoyed helping others to reach their potential. During this time Clint has completed studies in Advanced Biomechanics, Functional Training, Strength Periodization and obtained his Personal Fitness Trainer qualification at IFP. His focus was to grow his passion for coaching into a full time occupation, which he has now achieved.
Clint is a talented athlete himself and has a Marathon PB of 3:10 as well as a half marathon PB of 1:21. Clint coaches athletes at all levels, from complete beginners to top athletes. Clint is also passionate about functional and sport conditioning and fitness training. With over 20 years of coaching experience, Clint has a lot to offer to our clients.
How to sign up for our services:
Send a mail to email@example.com –
Clint or Elsabé will respond to you with the recommended next steps and a quotation for services.
Benefits of training under the guidance of a coach:
- Focused attention on your training will ensure that you remain motivated to continue.
Knowledgeable insight into your physiology and bio-mechanics.
- Your coach will remain abreast of the latest advances in exercise science and ensure that your training plan is adjusted accordingly.
- Your training plans and your progress is continuously assessed ensuring that your training always evolves and your progress will be measured.
- Your strength training can be structured in such a way that you do not need any specialised equipment to carry out the exercises. You therefore do not specifically need a gym membership.
- If you do have a gym membership, this can be incorporated into your specific training plan.
At race pace we encourage our clients to value enjoyment as much as progress in their training. We look forward to guiding you to meet your health and fitness goals.